Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help ASAP!!!

WTexasWTexas Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Its coming down to the wire. Due to terrible communication on both parties involved, UNT and I, my acceptance to the Honors College was delayed. I'm already enrolled at UTD and set up to go there; should I choose to do that my eligibility at the Honors College is revoked. I'm going to late late orientation to see what I can do as far as setting up classes but I wanted to see if the time and effort are worth it.

I'm really interested to take honor courses, the teaching style sounds intriguing, but I wanted to see such a degree holds any weight outside of Texas or in for that matter? UTD moved up to Tier 1 but I was planning to transfer to UT Austin for spring anyway. My focus is Actuarial Science but I don't know if I still want to pursue that. I'm a math and business oriented person; however, the job market is much more important to me than personal fulfillment at the moment.

Having stated that, is the UNT Honors college worth even passing up on Austin?
This discussion has been closed.