Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

New Resident of Texas--Chances of Getting into UT Austin, UH, UT Dallas, and Texas A&M

2»

Replies to: New Resident of Texas--Chances of Getting into UT Austin, UH, UT Dallas, and Texas A&M

• SybyllaSybylla Registered User Posts: 2,334 Senior Member
    edited June 17
    My kids visited A&M and Houston as they are also relocation kids (but now HS grads ?taking a gap year) and they were told that while they
    apply as per normal, the day after the parent has achieved the 12 month residency period they should write to the schools to let them know their status adjustment and ask for scholarship consideration. So for you, that is terrific, in November make sure to let your schools all know you are instate. It was implied to my kids that even in May the scholarship potential was still there (UH and A&M, UT Austin is just going to be a massive reach even for high stats kids, enough that I would question the point of applying, if it is no extra work on apply texas, then that seems worth a go, I have no idea how much help your 504 might be).
2»