Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Pre-Med at UT?

Sweetpotatoes12Sweetpotatoes12 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be a senior this coming year of high school and I'm planning on applying to Cellular & Molecular Biology Pre Med at UT Austin. I've heard that it's nearly impossible to get a high GPA, and that if you have a crappy professor then you're screwed. I also hear that many professors will do anything to weed out some students :/

I personally view myself as a very work-oriented person and my HS grades reflect that. I don't procrastinate at all and have become very good at time management. However, reading some responses about UT's pre-med program worries me. How hard is it to get a 4.0? If I got stuck with a "crappy" professor, how easy would it be for me to seek help from perhaps another professor? What is the workload like?

Replies to: Pre-Med at UT?

• CupCakeMuffinsCupCakeMuffins Registered User Posts: 408 Member
    edited August 8
    From what I've heard, UT is too crowded and not the best route for medical schools. Baylor and Rice are considered better for pre Med.