Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances of getting into Texas A&M?

2»

Replies to: Chances of getting into Texas A&M?

• izelkayizelkay Registered User Posts: 407 Member
    Not very likely at all for UT. Maybe for A&M, could go either way.
  • andy09andy09 Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    @Faith2017

I'm not sure if it has changed, but you only need a 3 on both AP Physics C tests to test out of both 208 and 218-and the AP Physics C curve is really generous. Definitely test out of both if possible (Unless you're MEEN or ECEN). PHYS 208 is a HUGE weeder and you would be best advised to skip it at all if possible, or take it at a cc.
    For math, either accept credit for BOTH 151 and 152, or retake both. 152 is another weeder class and its a lot tougher than in high school. I started off in 152 and barely pulled off a B in that class. 251 on the other hand was much easier and I got an A relatively easily.

From my experience, the CHEM classes aren't big weeders. just go to class and do the homework. Those classes have a lot of business/liberal arts kids so engineering students would likely be above the curve in CHEM 101/102.
  • katie1928katie1928 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    What are my chances of getting into A&M?
    I go to a non-ranking school, but A&M gave me a rank of 2nd quarter. I applied late August but have not applied for scholarships yet.

SAT: 2010 (1270 CR&M)
    ACT: 29
    GPA: 3.3 out of 4.0 (unweighted)

I have a counselor there and have visited multiple times, including football and volleyball games. I also have a ton of extra-curricular activities, including student government (senior class president) and president of 2 clubs. I also volunteer a lot and have a part-time job right now as well as running my own custom prints business. What are my chances? Someone told me that I just might get Blinn TEAM but would it be possible to get full acceptance into A&M?
  • BarflyBarfly Registered User Posts: 1,456 Senior Member
    Katie, I don't know your chances of A&M, but if you are offered Blinn Team, I hope you will take a good look at it! It is a great program, and the Blinn Team kids really feel a part of A&M. You will know exactly what you have to do to get into A&M from the Blinn Team. We know many kids who did Blinn Team then A&M and loved the program.
  • 5am69965am6996 Registered User Posts: 251 Junior Member
    Can someone chance me too? :D

GPA (weighted): 94.43/100 (According to Collegeboard that's a 4.0 but I don't know how to convert exactly)
    SAT: 2190 (1480 CR+M)
    Not too many ECs unfortunately but I do have 500+ service hours at a daycare center and 100+ hours at local temple. A couple other things here and there but nothing very significant. What are my chances?
  • AGmomx2AGmomx2 Registered User Posts: 1,272 Senior Member
    5am, if you are ranked in the top 25% of your class you would be an academic admit with your SAT score. That will get you admission into the university, however no guarantee of engineering major if the major is already full when they process your application. If it still has openings, you would also get the engineering slot. There are tons of auto and academic admits for engineering, so it does fill quickly. If you have not yet applied, do so ASAP to improve your chances. Good luck!
2»
This discussion has been closed.