Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

On-campus dorms

peacherspeachers Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
edited August 2012 in Texas A&M University
I'm thinking about what dorms would be best...I've gone the page on A&M where it has all the info but it's still very confusing. :P

So, any reviews or tips on choosing a dorm would be great!

Maybe someone can suggest me with something :)

-On-campus
-I don't mind having a roommate(s).
-I'd rather have a private bathroom or share in a suite.
-I don't like noise, I have a really bad problem with studying with a lot of noise. Of course I could just go to the library or something to study... I hear the Southern dorms are good.
-Price: I don't mind too much...I mean I'm not gonna get the most expensive but when it is limited, I understand I might have to pay more than I might expect.

& another question! Is there a good amount of vegetarian options at the food courts, because I'm gonna probably have to get a meal plan? :)

Thank you and have a wonderful day! :)
Post edited by peachers on

Replies to: On-campus dorms

• JKotinekJKotinek Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Hi, peachers!

If you've not already seen this matrix of residence hall amenities, it might be helpful for your search: Residence Hall Living

Also, there are always vegetarian options available at Sbisa. The Eating Well on Campus Guide (http://dining.tamu.edu/nutrition/eating_well_guide.stm) has a listing of the vegetarian options you can find around campus and you can contact the campus dietician (Special Dietary Needs: Meal Plans: University Dining) if you have any particular questions or concerns.

Best,

Jon Kotinek
    Associate Director
    Honors and Undergraduate Research
  • spectrum2spectrum2 Registered User Posts: 1,295 Senior Member
    Peachers, since you previously mentioned wanting to get into industreal engineering you may want to consider Mosher, the engineering dorm. From what I have read on CC some have really liked it others not so much, but I have met a few incoming engineering freshmen who did not even know this is an option. It may be something that you want to consider.
  • peacherspeachers Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    @JKotinek,
    Yes, thank you for the links! The second one doesn't seem to work though.
    The first link I've seen before a couple times it's just a little overwhelming with so many options and sideways text. I will re-look at that. :)

@spectrum2,
    Thanks for letting me know! I will definitely look at that. :)
  • JKotinekJKotinek Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    peachers,

Looks like the link is pulling in the ending parentheses...just delete that in the URL field and reload.

Best,

Jon Kotinek
    Associate Director
    Honors and Undergraduate Research
  • btn1229btn1229 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    I loved Wells Hall. I had a great time there, it was quiet when it needed to be, louder and fun when it should have been, great location to everything, and great amenities!
This discussion has been closed.