right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Transfering into A&M business school?

Barn_GalBarn_Gal 2 replies1 threads New Member
edited March 2006 in Texas A&M University
I would really like to transfer to A&M's business school. What are my chances of being accepted? I am a sophmore at Tyler Junior College and will be getting my associates degree in arts this semester. I have a GPA of 3.30 and will have 60 hours completed after this semester. I was homeschooled and graduated early when I was 17 after taking a year of concurrent classes before that(I graduated with 15 hours). I helped start a program that went into schools and educated grade school kids about texas history and that program is now a club at TJC. I filled out the online application...what else should I do?
edited March 2006
6 replies
Post edited by Barn_Gal on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfering into A&M business school?

• timelytimely 1463 replies150 threads Senior Member
    Could you get some letters of recommendation sent to A&M...perhaps telling about the program you started? Good rec's are always a plus.
    · Reply · Share
  • Barn_GalBarn_Gal 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Thanks for the advice...I never thought of that. I was thinking more along the lines of professor recomendations. Also I hear something about a limit of 2 recomendations?? Is this true for A&M?
    · Reply · Share
  • Barn_GalBarn_Gal 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Anyone else?
    · Reply · Share
  • Aggies4HimAggies4Him 10 replies2 threads New Member
    My daughter transferred into TAMU business a few years ago. She had a 4.0 with about 47 hours. Her best friend did not get in with 60 hours and a 3.8gpa. Even though they say legacy is dead. I think it helped. My daughter this year is transferring in with 51 hours and a 4.0. Good Luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • glucose101glucose101 4585 replies679 threads Senior Member
    What do you as a business major?
    · Reply · Share
  • timelytimely 1463 replies150 threads Senior Member
    glucose, I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want to know what kind of career you could enter after graduation or what kind of courses you would be taking?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity