Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Aerospace Engineering Full

chouter21chouter21 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Texas A&M University
Hey guys,
I just checked AIS and it looks like Aerospace Engineering is full. I'm a review applicant. Do I have a chance? This ruined my day.
Post edited by chouter21 on

Replies to: Aerospace Engineering Full

• Nicoleg13Nicoleg13 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    From what I've heard, acceptance is not based on major. You will be accepted into your second choice major or general studies.
  • missngkittiesmissngkitties Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    A&M has rolling admissions, so if Aero is filled up, you will not have a chance unless you appeal sometime next year because not everyone who has been admitted will go to A&M.
  • perazzimanperazziman Registered User Posts: 2,376 Senior Member
    I think, you have to wait until AIS updates on wednesday to know for sure.
  • Bumzo1Bumzo1 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    You more than likely will not be accepted into Aerospace right away but I wouldn't worry too much about it, just make sure your second choice is still engineering (preferably not chem/petrol/electrical/computer) I'm a freshman this year in mechanical and all of the "track A" (everything but what I listed earlier) take the same engineering classes the first 2 semesters. Even after this first semester I've talked to many people who are dropping engineering altogether so I wouldn't worry too much about transferring into aerospace after a semester or 2. As long as you get in before your first semester sophomore year you won't be at a disadvantage.
  • Confused786Confused786 Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    Hey guys I also want to change my major from Computer Engineering to some other like mechanical or industrial. Does Computer Eng. come in the 'Track A' engineering class ? How can I change my major ?
  • Bumzo1Bumzo1 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Comp ENG is track B but as long and you transfer before you begin upper level courses (1st semester sophomore year) you will be good. The credit transfers and you won't have to take 111/112, it is just preferable as each track tends to focus on slightly different aspects.
  • Confused786Confused786 Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    Thanks very much Bumzo1. But, I am very impatient and want to change major before I begin my classes next year. Is there any chance of that happening? And whom should I contact for this?
  • cromettecromette Registered User Posts: 2,614 Senior Member
    Not much chance for fall 2013. But most of your classes will be the same, so why the rush? Good exercise in patience! I'm sure you will get an opportunity.
  • peacherspeachers Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    Can't you change during NSC? By then some spots might be open because of students who do not accept the offer to go to A&M. I think I read somewhere they have a change of major booth or something...haha. I guess I would try to get the earliest NSC date possible. They open up in Feb.
This discussion has been closed.