Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptance Letter/Scholarship Questions

TaraLoveTaraLove Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
edited January 2013 in Texas A&M University
Hi! I am a US citizen living in South Korea and I applied to Texas A&M University in late November. My AIS page tells me that I have been accepted to TAMU and the "correspondence" section shows that the admission decision has been sent to my address on 12/12/2012. However, I did not get anything in the mail yet. Is the delivery taking long because I live outside the US? Does overseas mail usually take more than two weeks?

Also, if I receive scholarships, will I find out what scholarships I am getting when I receive the acceptance letter, or do I have to wait for a separate scholarship letter?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by TaraLove on

Replies to: Acceptance Letter/Scholarship Questions

• LonelyHapaxLonelyHapax Registered User Posts: 205 Junior Member
    The scholarship letter is separate. I don't know anything about overseas mailing.
    The acceptance letter is nice, but doesn't give you much new information.

You should send in your housing deposit and request (it's mostly refundable) to make sure you get in where you want.
  • TaraLoveTaraLove Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    Thank u so much!
  • rushedmomrushedmom Registered User Posts: 629 Member
    I would think it could take over 2 weeks to get your acceptance letter overseas with Christmas mail season. Also I think even in state it was over a week after my daughter saw it on AIS last year before she got her letter. I would encourage you to go ahead and put a housing deposit down ASAP to better your chance and getting your choice of dorms.

Congrats on your acceptance!
    I already paid my housing deposit! I hope I get the new hall they are opening next year! How long does the housing process take?
  • cromettecromette Registered User Posts: 2,614 Senior Member
    TaraLove, I don't think we'll know about housing assignments for quite some time.
  • KonradTAMUKonradTAMU Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I applied for Physics but realized biology is the major that will best help me get where I need to be in the military. Does anyone think they'll allow me to switch from physics to biology and a minor in foreign language?
  • KonradTAMUKonradTAMU Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I was accepted roughly two weeks ago, would it be too late to switch?
  • LonelyHapaxLonelyHapax Registered User Posts: 205 Junior Member
    ^^ This is a different question. Start a new thread to ask it. They may allow it.
  • Confused786Confused786 Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    I am also living overseas and waiting for my acceptance letter to arrive. I think it can take at least a month.
    @TaraLove please tell us if you get the letter so that i can compare when I might receive mine.
    Sure,
    I didn't get anything yet...
    I hope I get everything soon
    I got my letter just yesterday. It took 21 days to arrive.
    Ugh.. I waited more than 21 days and I still didn't get it.

Confused786, which country do you live in? Did you get a scholarship letter too?
    I live in Pakistan. I havnt got a scholarship letter yet. Maybe, you should ask them to give you some tracking number to check where is your letter in the posting process.
  • perazzimanperazziman Registered User Posts: 2,376 Senior Member
    Son just got his scholarship letter today. It was mailed on the 14th.
  • Aggie84Aggie84 Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Is this the scholarship letter that outlines additional and departmental scholarships? My son received something in Dec outlining an award that waived OOS tuition rate (not amount, just the rate--good, but not quite as exciting!). It was my understanding that the "additional" scholarships came later in the process.
This discussion has been closed.