right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Anyone DENIED or DEFERRED for spring grades?? TAMU Fall 2017 Transfer

lovepink002lovepink002 83 replies2 threads Junior Member
Hey everyone!

I wanted to start a discussion for transfer who have been denied or deferred for spring grades and you can also put why or your stats.

Post updates as you get them!

Thanks and GIG EM!!
21 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Anyone DENIED or DEFERRED for spring grades?? TAMU Fall 2017 Transfer

• litcriterallylitcriterally 25 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Howdy! I submitted my application, and it's still being processed, but I'm positive I'll be deferred for the Spring since I do not have the 24 hours of coursework required for transfer.
    Stats:
    Freshman
    23 transferable credits (39 after this semester)
    English major
    Applied for Liberal Arts college
    4.0GPA
    What were yours, if that was also the case?
    · Reply · Share
  • lovepink002lovepink002 83 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @litcriterally yeah you'll probably be deferred if you don't have the 24 hours, they are very strict about that!

Stats:
    Sophomore
    44 credits (2.48 gpa)
    Transferred from Texas tech university
    Applied in the architecture college

I was deferred for my gpa :( I really hope I get in thought, I'm freaking out!
    · Reply · Share
  • JeyLeeJeyLee 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    stats
    sophomore
    64 transferable credits
    3.34 gpa
    transferred from Lone Star College
    Applied in the CNS
    Im taking Cal 2, physic 2, Organic Chem 2, and MicroBio
    I was deferred for my spring grades

· Reply · Share
  • diamondeyesdiamondeyes 1 replies2 threads New Member
    @lovepink002 have you heard back from admissions? I have a 2.5 with 70 hours and was denied admission. not sure if i want to reapply for the spring semester as my grades will be much better then, or just transfer elsewhere
    · Reply · Share
    @diamondeyes yes, I've been asked to send in my spring grades. What are your stats and what major did you apply for?
    · Reply · Share
  • litcriterallylitcriterally 25 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @lovepink002 I think by the end of this week I'll get deferred. They actually never put my transcript on file until I called and then had to email them a transaction receipt stating they "downloaded" the document back in February. They said by the end of the week I'll know. Do you know anything about transfer scholarships? I'm kind of freaking out thinking about not getting any because we send our transcripts in May/June and all the scholarships will be gone. :(
    · Reply · Share
    @litcriterally yeah I was concerned about scholarships too. TAMU does it comepletly different, but I'm pretty sure the deadlines would have already passed by the time we are admitted. But check the website...I think here's some links to transfer scholarships and the deadlines should be listed there.
    · Reply · Share
  • mudboatmudboat 27 replies0 threads New Member
    I received a deferral for Spring grades today. I kinda thought I might because I'm just now taking the 2 recommended courses this semester. Good Luck everyone in June that's been deferred!
    · Reply · Share
    @mudboat good luck to you too! What are your stats?
    · Reply · Share
  • TobyDammitTobyDammit 20 replies0 threads New Member
    just got deferred for civil engineering
    guess theres a few more months of waiting
    · Reply · Share
  • mudboatmudboat 27 replies0 threads New Member
    @lovepink002 thanks! My stats are 3.42, 33 credit hours, applied to College of Arch, Construction Science. I'm currently taking 2 of the recommended courses on the transfer course sheet.
    · Reply · Share
  • xioleaxiolea 19 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I got deferred on February 1st but I just saw that this thread existed
    Stats:
    Currently in second ever semester of college
    1st Choice: Aerospace Engineering
    2nd Choice: Computer Engineering (Computer Science Track)
    4.0 GPA and my essay was alright
    Transferring from Electrical Engineering at Texas Tech
    In a couple weeks I'll have 28 graded hours completed with a 4.0 still probably and 54 total hours with AP credits, I got deferred because I only have 14 GPA hours rn
    · Reply · Share
  • MacarrollMacarroll 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I got deferred awhile back because I do not have enough hours.
    I am currently finishing up my second semester.
    Current stats:
    18 hours
    3.67 GPA
    By the end of the semester I will have:
    34 hours
    Transferring into Economics
    · Reply · Share
  • KimberlytoriKimberlytori 70 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I got deferred also awhile back most likely because I was taking a required math course this semester. I applied to transfer into Psychology.

Stats when I applied:
    Sophomore
    38 hours
    3.5 GPA

After this semester:
    56 hours
    3.67 GPA
    · Reply · Share
  • p0726np0726n 43 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @Kimberlytori I'm in the SAME exact boat. I had 3.67 GPA 36 hours when applying to psych br needed math Bc I was in trig and calculus
    · Reply · Share
    @p0726n Payge! Hey haha lol wondering if you are still sending in spring grades?
    · Reply · Share
    Yeah just to see ya know;) @Kimberlytori
    · Reply · Share
    What about you ?
    · Reply · Share
    @p0726n okay cool! Yes I am! If I get in, then I'm most likely going to commit to TAMU. If you decide to too, let me know!!
    · Reply · Share
    Really!!! That's awesome !! Hey I'll message you my #
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity