Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Prospective Student Dinner ??

emppme1emppme1 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
I'm out of state so maybe that is something to do with this but basically I got an email tonight inviting me and 1 guest (parent etc.) to a Prospective Student Dinner in Boston in September - the contact info for it was Kati Clark who seems to be the main admissions counselor who deals w National Merit Finalist and Scholars (which I am not) and when I looked the event up online without going through the email I received I couldn't find any info on it. Is this a normal thing? Has anyone gone to one of these before? Is this a good thing as far as hopes for scholarships? like I have a good ACT score and ECs and applied early (engineering) but I'm a but confused.... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Replies to: Prospective Student Dinner ??

• AGmomx2AGmomx2 Registered User Posts: 1,272 Senior Member
    These are fairly new events. I know they had one near us last year, no guarantees but at the one in our state they had a drawing for a scholarship amongst those in attendance ( wow! ), asked for a few representatives of either current/past students or parents, & a representative from the university is present to answer your questions. We know of a few who attended in our state - they thought it was a great event to attend. Hope that helps :)
This discussion has been closed.