Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Replies to: TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

• FingersCrossedAgMomFingersCrossedAgMom Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    Thank you @YourCollegeMom! Yes, testing is not her thing, unfortunately, but thank you for the positive words.

Good Luck to your Son and all the other Review Admits!!!
  • YourCollegeMomYourCollegeMom Registered User Posts: 227 Junior Member
    @FingersCrossedAgMom A 25 is actually really good! I know so many people that got in with 23s all the way down to 19s!!! Seriously... blew me away, but I don't know their other stats aside from being review admits.
  • labegglabegg Registered User Posts: 2,456 Senior Member
    Let's talk My Howdy Tabs...anyone have the coveted 6 tabs? We are still sitting with 3.

• FingersCrossedAgMomFingersCrossedAgMom Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    @YourCollegeMom Wow! That's crazy, and honestly I hadn't heard that. I guess anything can happen! Part of me wants December to get here or even Jan/Feb to get to a decision, but a bigger part wants time to slow down...cherish every moment of her senior year!

Still 3 tabs on Howdy for my daughter @labegg
    I wish @labegg. Holistic reviews won't see tabs til December at the earliest. Unless you are literally on the bubble like 11% and a 29 act. And that's not even a high probability of hearing before dec. Sadly!
  • JenniferAggie91JenniferAggie91 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Does anyone know or want to guess (ha!) if top 10.58% is auto admit? We just got final rankings and that's where she sits - ugh! She is taking the SAT this Saturday to see if she can bring her scores up to academic admit level because she knew she was close and her class has been shrinking since the beginning of Junior year. Can't believe she is SO close. I feel like she has a pretty good chance for admittance even if she went into review but MAN, wish we didn't have to wait and take a chance and not I am not completely sure she would go the Blinn Team route when she already has full acceptance and scholarship offers from several other schools.
  • labegglabegg Registered User Posts: 2,456 Senior Member
    @JenniferAggie91. Oh, so close!. There does not seem to be a consensus here on CC. I think the last thing I read was that "officially" it is not but if she has test score anywhere near the academic admit range. She will most likely be admitted. Fingers crossed.

DD used to say no way to Blinn, but recent grumblings have been very vague, so who knows when push comes to shove next May 1st. She would absolutely pick A&M if it is a full offer, but I still suspect if it is Blinn she will end up at Auburn or LSU. She is also holding out for Clemson which seems to be her 2nd pick at the moment, but I think her chances there are about the same as A&M. That decision doesn't come out until Feb 15 or so.

DD2016 taught me to never bet on a firm decision until April 30, lol.

So DD was inducted into several honor societies in the past week or so.. Mu Alpha Theta, Rho Kappa and SNHS. Anyone think it is worth it to bother updating her TAMU application?
    @labegg heck yes. Add as much as you can til dec 1st.

@JenniferAggie91 no worries. She'll get in full admit.
  • JenniferAggie91JenniferAggie91 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    @AggieMomAgain Thanks for the information! Regarding your daughter doing Blinn Team. Did she have many AP/Dual Credit hours coming in? What is her major and how many classes is she taking at each campus?
  • fivsmajorfivsmajor Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Application Date: 7/31- (test scores not uploaded until 9/30)
    GPA and Class Rank: 4.56w/4.0uw; rank 1/95
    ACT: 27
    College applied for: Agriculture & Life Science
    Major in that College: BS Forensics and Investigative Sciences
    ECs: not super amazing but: Class Officer (4 years), Scholar Athlete (Track and Field), Tutoring, Part time job, NHS, CSF lifetime member, multiple AP classes
    Did you do all 3 essays: absolutely!
    What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? my essays; I've had a pretty rough childhood so I talked about how that has motivated me to try hard and make a better life for myself
    In state/Out of State: Out of State (California)
    Current Status on AIS: Complete and in review
  • Daydreamer2018Daydreamer2018 Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    edited October 2017
    Application Date: 10/07/17
    GPA and Class Rank: 4.2705 WGPA #11/92 12%
    ACT Composite n/a
    SAT 1200
    College applied for: Liberal Arts
    Major in that College: International Studies and/or Political Science
    ECs: Model United Nations, Junior Politicians, Student Council, State legislative Aide, General Election Clerk, Mock Trial, Texas HS Democrats, Texas Young Democrats, Texas College Democrats, and more (Founder and President in many of them)
    Did you do all 3 essays: Yes...proof read by my PSC
    What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?
    I suppose my hook is in my early college high school status and excellent extracurricular activities.
    In state/Out of State: In State
    Current Status on AIS: Planning to apply this Friday
  • kcheveskcheves Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    Posting for my daughter, who is finalizing her TAMU application but has not yet submitted it.

Application Date: Not Submitted
    GPA and Class Rank: 4.0 UW/4.22W. School doesn't rank, but she is top 5%.
    AP's: APEC (3), APEL(4), Bio (4), Calc AB (5). Currently taking Calc BC, AP Gov, and AP Psych.
    SAT: 1460
    College applied for: Engineering
    Major in that College: Biomedical
    ECs: NHS VP, CSF, JV Tennis Captain, 100+ hour internship at local hospital, tutoring, multiple clubs, Foreign Exchange Student, various school honors.
    Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
    What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? National Merit Finalist (currently NMSF), and passionate about a career in medicine.
    In state/Out of State: Out of State (California)
    Current Status on AIS: Not Submitted
    @kcheves WOW, your daughter's stats are outstanding. If only a Texas resident, she wouldn't have to wait very long to hear back. With Engineering, she'll go into holistic review for it as well, so that's a great thing. If she were interested in another major, like business, then it typically fills up in November (before holistic review candidates are admitted). So all Engineering candidates are on equal playing field (exception on early action). I'm assuming she's applying for early action, right? Oct. 15th deadline. Best of luck to her, although it doesn't sound like luck is needed. = )
  • AGmomx2AGmomx2 Registered User Posts: 1,272 Senior Member
    Just a correction, Business does NOT only have automatic admit applicants in the accepted students group. They save spots for review candidates, so although there are not many open spots there are always some for reviews.

Source: Mays business school informational

Verified again last year by another poster, Molly a review student
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/20376291#Comment_20376291