eeeeeek123eeeeeek123 1 replies1 threads New Member
edited September 25 in Texas A&M University
hey guys I’m a senior is a Texas HS.
Top 15% (4.36 GPA)
30 ACT with a 27 a stem subscore (27 math and 26
Science) :/
So I qualify for auto admit.
Should I apply with this ACT score and make the early
action engineering deadline for TAMU or take the ACT again and study for the math / science ACT
parts more....
Thank u!!
Also if I apply in the early deadline I would probs not have both my rec letters so I feel like I have a good chance of getting rejected lol.
edited September 25
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: TAMU ENGINEERING ADVICE!!! plz help

• Thelma2Thelma2 2589 replies49 threads Senior Member
    edited September 25
    @eeeeeek123

Send in the App with the scores you have now. More important is what is the highest math you will have by graduation and any physics classes?

The early decision deadline is arbitrary. Many that apply by Oct still get defferred til January anyway. Most review applicants are January-March, over the last three admission cycles. Yea, it's nice to get a decision by Dec something but not all do who are auto/academic admit.

Depending on your classes, you will likely be accepted to College Station campus. Getting in isn't the hard part. Getting the major you want and staying is the hard part. Getting the major you want comes with applying to it in April of freshman year and it is competitive process, so your grades need to be great.

Rec letters are nice but they don't get you in and they don't get you rejection. They are optional.

You'll find a lot of info here
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2148948-tamu-class-of-2024-admission-decisions-discussion-p1.html

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2101021-tamu-class-of-2023-engineering-admission-decisions.html#latest

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2132365-tamu-etam-statistics.html#latest
    edited September 25
    · Reply · Share
  • eeeeeek123eeeeeek123 1 replies1 threads New Member
    edited September 25
    @Thelma2
    Ok thank u so much!!
    I’m talking AB Calculus, ap chem and ap bio this year. Took ap physics last year and got 88s both semesters but I didn’t take the ap test. So if the early decision is arbitrary, you don’t think my act score is too low for admission? I’m just not really sure how competitive TAMU engineering is to get in...
    edited September 25
    · Reply · Share
  • AggieMomhelpAggieMomhelp 1907 replies3 threads Senior Member
    @eeeeeek123 I would get your app in asap. You are an academic admit, not auto (just saying for clarity for others). Your math and science ready and they do fill up cstat campus seats with auto and academic admits but not first come first serve basis. So if I were you, I'd get my app in quickly and funnel in the req letters when you get them. Again, unless it's someone super fancy (Chancellor, Board of Regents, etc.), they are not going to help you too much.
    · Reply · Share
  • Junebug100Junebug100 24 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Any engineering degree at TAMU would be considered competitive. Don't forget you don't actually get accepted into the actual College of Engineering until after you have had completed 2 years and have the right grades.
    · Reply · Share
    TAMU is a fabulous school with such great school spirit and alumni connections worldwide. It's amazing.
    · Reply · Share
    @Junebug100 moat apply ETaM during spring of freshman year. Not as sophomores although some don’t have all the required courses or grades to apply at the end of freshman year.
    · Reply · Share
    Then it's changed in the few decade :) My dad used to be Head of EE. But is it still correct that just because you get accepted into A&M doesn't mean you'll be accepted into whichever engineering school.
    · Reply · Share
    edited October 9
    correct, you don’t always get the engineering major you want. You apply to the major and list your top 3 or 5 choices. If you have a 3.5 you are guaranteed to get top choice. If not, then it just depends on where you fall among the other students. But ETAM (entry to a major) is meant to be done end of freshman year. But again, not everyone has all of the required courses or credits complete at that time.

But yes, you are accepted into general engineering for the first year so yes it has changed. Not to mention there is Blinn academy, Galveston and other academies that have the same ability for ETaM. It’s not just those at Tamu main campus.
    edited October 9
    · Reply · Share