right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Texas A&M Dorms

DylandobbsDylandobbs 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited June 18 in Texas A&M University
I am most likely going to end up at Texas A&M and was wondering about their dorm selection. I know that at different colleges there is a notorious "party" dorm and a notorious "only studies and doesn't do anything fun" dorm (to each their own polarizing limits of course). I want to be in a dorm that will not be situated somewhere in the middle: not a party dorm but not so stuck in their books that they cannot communicate with others because it will disrupt their studies. An example of a good fit would be the Teal dorm at Baylor University. It is known for being the nicest dorm for students more focused on their studies. Thanks for any help!
edited June 18
3 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Texas A&M Dorms

• AggieMomhelpAggieMomhelp 2387 replies4 threads Senior Member
    Dylandobbs wrote: »
    I am most likely going to end up at Texas A&M and was wondering about their dorm selection. I know that at different colleges there is a notorious "party" dorm and a notorious "only studies and doesn't do anything fun" dorm (to each their own polarizing limits of course). I want to be in a dorm that will not be situated somewhere in the middle: not a party dorm but not so stuck in their books that they cannot communicate with others because it will disrupt their studies. An example of a good fit would be the Teal dorm at Baylor University. It is known for being the nicest dorm for students more focused on their studies. Thanks for any help!

Did you ever get some type of reply on this? If not, do you still need one or is it too late?
    · Reply · Share
  • super1245super1245 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Any comments on North side vs South side residence halls? Heard that most people prefer North side.
    · Reply · Share
  • AggieMomhelpAggieMomhelp 2387 replies4 threads Senior Member
    They are all good and accessible to campus. It's really just about finding a roommate. So many buses and bikes, walking etc. that location isn't important unless you walk into an exam and realize you left your ID back in your room. But other than that, once you are out and about, your dorm location doesn't matter.
    · Reply · Share