Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

dorm question

Replies to: dorm question

• blemblem Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
    do students prefer modular or the commons? my top three choices are mosher (cuz im majoring in engineering), wells, krueger...in order of preference. if anyone can shed some light on any of these dorms and if there are other dorms which would be better, please let me know.
    actually, i would prefer to live in modular halls over the commons. which dorm do most like and stay in besides the honor dorms?
  • unwrittenunwritten Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    hobby and neely would be good, and they r quite 2 :)
    hmm they are in the northside tho, what about the southside?
  • ModernChemModernChem Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    according to my brother who lives in the commons this year, apply to the commons halls in this order:
    1. aston
    2. krueger
    3. dunn
    4. mosher

and commons are by far the best on campus dorms
  • berkmanfanberkmanfan Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    Anyone else have any opinions of dorms?
  • CantTouchThisCantTouchThis Registered User Posts: 166 Junior Member
    I do feel like the commons dorms are the best dorms but i feel that aston kreuger and dunn are about the same while mosher isnt as inviting it seesms. to many engineering students in one place.
    i went with the southside modular dorms
  • berkmanfanberkmanfan Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    Blem, I think I recall reading that you are majoring in engineering. Any reason why you didn't pick the engineering living learning community?
    i just preferred a bigger room, that is all. nothing against the ellc
  • ampzorampzor Registered User Posts: 523 Member
    Your basically in the same postition I am. Im debating living in a modular southside dorm or Mosher. I am going to visit the campus again, but this time I will be looking at the housing. (I didn't last time cuz I came over the winter break so all I got was a tour of the campus.)
  • tigerlily123tigerlily123 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    I got an NMSF scholarship to TAMU, and on the stipulations form for my scholarship it says nothing about needing to live on campus....can someone verify if this is correct? After reading this thread, I'm kinda interested in Calloway House. How much more does it cost than living in an on-campus res hall? And if my scholarship covers room & board, it won't cover Calloway House, will it?
    if anyone has any answers or can share their experiences, I'd really appreciate it!
  • klparker312klparker312 Registered User Posts: 970 Member
    Callaway house compares to the modular dorms in price in the two person per room apts. That is set up where a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath apt is shared with 4 people, It is very close to the same price. There is one situation where Callaway house is actually less (not much) than on campus dorm. The difference comes when you go to the one person per room price. That set up is more. I have the price break down if you want me to post.
    My daughter will be in the 4bedroom/2 bath set up at CAllaway house with 3 other girls.
  • wemelwemel Registered User Posts: 308 Member
    My S is a NMF. They deposit all your scholarship funds into an account. You pay your room, board, parking, etc. from that account. Off campus housing is covered with your money. Anthing left over from your account can be deposited into your savings or checking account
  • diddleydoo39diddleydoo39 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    does anyone know the difference btw southside modular dorms and northside modular dorms?
This discussion has been closed.