right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Does A&M review fall 2009 grades for spring transfers?

splintersplinter 33 replies22 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
edited September 2009 in Texas A&M University
Will they review a students fall 2009 grades, even if they have enough credits w/o them? I need them reviewed.
edited September 2009
6 replies
Post edited by splinter on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does A&M review fall 2009 grades for spring transfers?

• polcatpolcat 13 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
    yeah i was wondering that too, but I don't think they do since they make their decision in late November before final grades are out
    · Reply · Share
  • ampzorampzor 506 replies17 threadsRegistered User Member
    Yeah they won't look at your fall grades unless there are classes that they want to see. Ie, for engineering they might want to see your physics grade (if your taking physics that semester).
    · Reply · Share
  • splintersplinter 33 replies22 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Well the problem is I'm RETAKING two classes to improve my grade's to an A, whicj will significantly raise my GPA. Without the replaced grades I doubt I will be accepted.
    · Reply · Share
  • agfaagfa 68 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    A&M won't replace your classes with A's. When they compute GPR, they will average the two classes. So if you made a C the first time and an A the second, you'll end up with a B.

If you don't get in first time around, they'll request fall grades and evaluate you again.
    · Reply · Share
  • splintersplinter 33 replies22 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    ^^ are you 100% sure? The school I'm going to now says the classes are completely replaced on my transcript.
    · Reply · Share
  • agfaagfa 68 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    100% sure. I don't know of any school that removes grades from a transcript. While they may be excluded in the GPA computation shown on the transcript by your school, the grades are still there, and school's like A&M and UT use them to compute transfer GPA. The smaller system schools like UTSA, WTAMU, etc will use the replaced grade, but A&M and UT's transfer process is very competitive.

See:
    Things to Know Before Applying
    Grades for all transferable courses are used in the computation of the GPR. This includes:

* Failing grades, repeated courses, WF, Incompletes, etc.
    * Grades reported as Incomplete are computed as Fs.
    * Plus and minus grade designations are not used; C+ is computed as a C, B- as a B etc.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity