Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

full ride for international?

achieverachiever Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
edited October 2009 in Texas A&M University
I m from India and applying to TAMU.I am an auto admit(top10% and salutatorian).My stats are-
SAT-1490/2180 (800-M,690-CR,690-W)
SAT Subject-800 M2,790 Chem,770 Phy
I have good extracirriculars and GPA.

But what i m worried about is that i need substancial financial aid(close to full ride). I can only pay about 20000$ for four years. Is there any chance that TAMU will give me such a large scholarship?
Post edited by achiever on

Replies to: full ride for international?

• MikeWozowskiMikeWozowski Registered User Posts: 3,235 Senior Member
    i doubt it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I'd like to see my parents tax money used to provide scholarships for Texans and other US citizens first. A lot of my classmates have stats like yours. Their parents lost a job or lost $ in college funds and they are really worried about being able to afford even in-state tuition. Sorry achiever, nothing personal.
  • MikeWozowskiMikeWozowski Registered User Posts: 3,235 Senior Member
    ...ditto...
  • achieverachiever Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    fordprefect, i totally understand what you are trying to say. but you are not giving me the answer i seek.i donot intend to know how you want your parents taxes to be spent. i want to know if you an insight into the universities international aid policies or you know some international who has received full ride.
    btw the univ already uses a significant amount of your tax money for us internationals. Acc. to college board it spent $3,904,214 for international scholarship(the info might be a little outdated but, nonetheless, indicative of the trend)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    It appears that some posters in other forums also misread your intended question.

Why not consider re-posting your question along the lines of:

I am a student from India applying to Penn, Yale, Wash U, SUNY and Texas A&M.

Here are my stats.

Have any other international students gotten full rides from these colleges?

Or call Financial Aid at Texas A&M. Everyone there is nice.

Best of luck on your search for scholarships. It's going to be rough for all of us.
This discussion has been closed.