Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

So what if I'm not religious?

zonor12098zonor12098 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited March 2010 in Texas A&M University
I am attending TAMU in Fall 2010. I took a campus tour back in October and fell in LOVE with the school: traditions, the atmosphere, the weather. I am from Oregon which is a pretty liberal state, and I am considered a fairly conservative person here. I am excited because I hear Texas (and especially College Station) is much more conservative. However, I am not religious at all. I have friends who are Christian and I totally respect them and their beliefs. Is being not-religious at TAMU going to be a problem at all? I understand how frustrating it is to be around close-minded liberals... is it really that hardcore Christian in College Station?
Post edited by zonor12098 on

Replies to: So what if I'm not religious?

• klparker312klparker312 Registered User Posts: 970 Member
    you will fit in fine
    is there a such thing as a closed-minded liberal?
  • boneh3adboneh3ad Forum Champion Engineering Posts: 7,347 Forum Champion
    Sure there is such a thing. The extreme left is just as closed-minded as the extreme right.
  • Senioritis92Senioritis92 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    @snuggleslawlz It's not really that hardcore. I'm a pretty big liberal myself (though not extremely close minded, and I can't stand close minded liberals, let alone close minded conservatives). And I loved the school. So I think you'll be fine :)

I'm not even Christian, so I should be more worried that you! :P
  • VyseVyse Registered User Posts: 1,875 Senior Member
    Shouldn't really be an issue. It might come up if you go on a few dates and your partner is adamant of their religion, but in most other social settings it'd be a non issue.
This discussion has been closed.