Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Non top 10%

1235»

Replies to: Non top 10%

• aGGieENGiNeeRaGGieENGiNeeR Registered User Posts: 961 Member
    Yeah, I know what it is like to be in the district with only one high school, a verrrryyyy large one too.
  • pierrechnpierrechn - Posts: 1,505 Senior Member
    and almost every district with one HS usually have a pretty good Football team
  • Prime145Prime145 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    How do you think I chance up?I'm currently a junior.I'm taking the SAT in May and June. If my SAT scores are good, how do you think I'll do?

-3.3 GPA
    -Exactly in top third of class
    -4 years varsity wrestling (1 year as captain)
    -Eagle Scout
    -2 years of working at Chick Fil A
    -2 years JV football
    -Enrolled in all AP and Pre-ap classes except for math courses.

And I also plan on joining the Corps of Cadets.
  • AllThisIsNewToMeAllThisIsNewToMe Registered User Posts: 2,281 Senior Member
    Think you should aim for academic-admit. Your rank is NOT your friend, so study for that SAT and try the ACT also.
    Academic Admits
  • gxgal7gxgal7 Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    Prime145, you need to show the Corps you are serious about wanting to join. Plan to attend the Spend the Night/Spend the Day with the Corps programs. Go to aggiecorps.org for more info. Under the admissions section of that page, they have a checklist for high school juniors and seniors on steps to take toward admission for those whose path to acceptance includes being part of the Corps of Cadets.
  • waitingstillwaitingstill Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I don't think it matters that you want to be in the corps anymore. I desperately wanted to be in the corps, attended programs, etc. and have better stats than you and didn't get accepted. Sorry.
1235»
This discussion has been closed.