Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

internet access at a&m

123abc456123abc456 Registered User Posts: 515 Member
edited June 2010 in Texas A&M University
i read in the book (the one that tells us all about the NSC and what we do) that we can bring our laptops. i was wondering, is there any internet access at a&m?
Post edited by 123abc456 on

Replies to: internet access at a&m

• Reveille2013Reveille2013 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Yes there is wireless internet in most of the buildings. It's certainly in the libraries and other buildings where people study.

In the dorm rooms there are ethernet ports as well.
  • klparker312klparker312 Registered User Posts: 970 Member
    you can take your laptop to the computer lab and have them set the internet access up for you.
  • 123abc456123abc456 Registered User Posts: 515 Member
    alright, thanks
  • darkvalentinedarkvalentine Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Could anyone explain to me the difference between ethernet and dsl. As I know the ethernet is an interface on your computer to which you connect the dsl cable. My future apartment offer 2 types of internet connection: ethernet and dsl. Which one should I choose? (I know I am a computer dummy ^^)
  • xKimxFitzxxKimxFitzx Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    do we get internet in the rooms? Do we need to bring a cable? Oh and also if it's not wireless, is there two ports, one for each roommate? x
  • XcelleratorXcellerator Registered User Posts: 1,678 Senior Member
    Yes, by wired Internet (me and my roommate had a router, so wi-fi for us xD). Yes, you need a 15-20ft ethernet cable if you're not in Mosher (only dorm with wi-fi). And yes, there are two ethernet ports.
This discussion has been closed.