Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Summer intensive financial help

ActingDude17ActingDude17 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
Hello, everyone. I browsed these forums over the summer and finally decided to make an account the other day. I'm a freshman in high school who is already looking ahead in life and would like to take a summer intensive in 2011.

I live in North Carolina and several months ago became interested in UNCSA's summer program. It's exactly what I'm looking for as a young artist and I believe it would be an excellent experience. The problem is, I want to go for drama, and UNCSA's drama program does not offer scholarships for their summer intensive.

My question is if there's anywhere else I could find financial aid. I looked at a couple of local arts councils' websites, and there are grants for personal projects, but you have to be 18, and the deadline for this coming year has already passed anyway.

The last six months have been really rough for me, as a person and a performer, and having the opportunity to study at UNCSA next summer would mean the world to me. Thanks so much for any help.
This discussion has been closed.