Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How important is the SAT/ACT to a Theatre/MT student?

13»

Replies to: How important is the SAT/ACT to a Theatre/MT student?

• MarbleheaderMarbleheader Registered User Posts: 694 Member
    This can happen at quite a few universities/colleges. Know the requirements before applying, lest there be disappointments.
  • photomom5photomom5 Registered User Posts: 809 Member
    Bisouu...as in he was accepted and then dropped after they got his grades? I have heard of kid's acceptances being pulled at the end of their senior year due to poor end of the year grades.
  • jmarcas13jmarcas13 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you all for your responses!!!! I know now, that the SAT is a better test for me, I just need to polish up my math skills and hopefully get a better score.
  • ctl987ctl987 Registered User Posts: 1,466 Senior Member
    Goodluck jmarcas. practice as often before SAT testing. if you can handle 30 minutes a day, that would be good idea. if not, just do what you can. I took the LSAT years ago and my prep worked helped me walk in confident and prepared. good idea to brush up on math as that can be a killer. from what i've read, SAT math can have some trick questions where it's easy to get wrong answer if you're not careful. so practice with a guide that has answers. Hoping for a good report on your next SAT;s. Were your critical reading and writing scores decent?
  • prodesseprodesse Registered User Posts: 1,313 Senior Member
    For the math, if you find one type of question easier than others, do them first as a warm-up.

Good luck!
  • supportivesupportive Registered User Posts: 441 Member
    It's interesting that people are saying they know kids who got into certain universities with low test scores. Believe it or not, that is not the only criteria that admissions counselors look for. Did you all also read their essays or see their auditions? Did you see their struggles or resumes? My point is colleges like to take a holistic approach! Also, sure some colleges will take students with lesser stats but that also means they probably will NOT get any scholarship money. I say it's important to make the best grades as possible and to aim for the highest test scores you can get. There aren't many full ride talent scholarships! And I bet there are kids who get into programs because their families have money and they don't have to apply for scholarships. This can get you into to the school and program but it doesn't always keep you there if you can't handle the work!
  • Times3Times3 Registered User Posts: 1,373 Senior Member
    ^I think people are saying this in response to a specific post about one or two specific schools having score cut-offs.
13»
This discussion has been closed.