Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Class of 2021 (Discussing application season, sharing, venting)

Replies to: Class of 2021 (Discussing application season, sharing, venting)

• marg928marg928 Registered User Posts: 1,016 Senior Member
    Hi @Isaroo My Daughter is also auditioning over the two weekends in NYC and she also received her academic admit to U Minn this weekend! I had not noticed that the Rutgers and Guthrie callbacks are the same weekend... she is also applying to both those schools so I guess we shall see! Could be a problem for sure but since we live in NJ she will probably decide to NOT go to the Rutgers call back if she had to choose LOL.
    edited January 3
    You're right @Isaroo they are the same weekend. I checked and misread it and thought they were not...but I was wrong! Both are first weekend in March.
  • IsarooIsaroo Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Yeah... it seems really weird. There must be a lot of people who are called back at both, since they have fairly similar programs.
  • toowonderfultoowonderful Registered User Posts: 3,510 Senior Member
    I would think it is entirely possible that they don't check with each other before setting their schedules..... and it just happened to fall in the same spot (after all, the post-audition, pre acceptance season isn't very long....unless of course you are waiting for results!)
    Anyone out there auditioning for USC? I went on their website last night to see what the monologue requirements are and I was shocked to see that the BFA, Acting is no longer listed! It looks like they changed the major to Acting for Stage, Screen and New Media. I have no idea when that happened! Everything I printed out from their website this fall still said BFA Acting. I did go into my file and found a postcard mailing they sent that had the new major listed but they didn't inform the applicants of the change at all! It sounds great but it would have been nice to know!
    well my D officially let Elon go. They messaged her on GetAcceptd and told her they needed a decision by Jan 4 as to whether she would attend the Feb 3rd audition. We had such a hard time deciding...we visited the school in August and really loved it. The two early action fall auditions were impossible since they were on Fridays and she's a cheerleader and our games are on Fridays. She really has her heart set on California though...NC is really not a big draw for her. Plus she has play practice Th-F-S that week and she would have to miss all three. We would have had to fly there Thursday night and go home Saturday. Plus I have a hotel room booked Saturday night in NYC because her USC audition is at 8 am on Sunday! Ugh tough one but in the end she didn't answer them on time so she's out. It's such a shame they don't go to Unifieds! They are missing out on a lot of talent IMHO.
    Gosh I had a hard time scheduling seven auditions. I can't imagine doing as many as your daughter! I have my audition for NYU next week and I was wondering—does anyone know why we have to be there four hours? It seems like the audition itself will only last a few minutes. Is there some kind of workshop/callback?
    @Isaroo - did you audition for ALL studios? If so, you have the MT elements - esp dance call, that will take more time
    No, I'm auditioning for acting. I imagine its just in case they're running really late.
  • TwoboysandadogTwoboysandadog Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    Congrats to your daughter, @foulandpestilent ! NU is an amazing program and she must be thrilled. (I sent you a DM.)
  • actorparentactorparent Registered User Posts: 263 Junior Member
    Congratulations, @foulandpestilent! How wonderful for your daughter to get an early acceptance from her top choice, and be able to relax and enjoy senior year with no stress! Love it!
  • owensfolksowensfolks Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    Wow, Congrats @foulandpestilent !! The control freak in me would SO love to know where my D is going, and how much it's gonna cost!!!