Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Class of 2021 (Discussing application season, sharing, venting)

Replies to: Class of 2021 (Discussing application season, sharing, venting)

• marg928marg928 Registered User Posts: 1,016 Senior Member
    We sent in UNCSA an hour before the deadline and had no problem getting an audition. I believe it was 12/5.
  • daughtersdreamsdaughtersdreams Registered User Posts: 367 Member
    @FourStars While earlier is better, if it helps you feel any better, we did not even START an application until the end of November. This was because my D was already in a program and decided to transfer - which you really can't do -- you have to start all over again with applications, essays, pre-screens, auditions, the whole works. I don't recommend going through this a second time. LOL.
  • Jkellynh17Jkellynh17 Registered User Posts: 1,909 Senior Member
    We switched gears after an ED rejection in mid December, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. We missed all the CA schools and Pace as a result.
  • OnourownOnourown Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    edited September 29
    @FourStars I know we didn't get all if the apps in until at least Oct 15th last year. Look closely at the deadlines and make sure you get the ones submitted first who have the early Prescreen deadlines as well as the ones that are most important to get an audition date scheduled early. My daughter had a "priority" list that she plugged away at as she completed all of her applications herself. (She would use me as a second set of eyes before submitting) Once her prescreen results were in, she added a second wave off apps and prescreens. ( I think those went out in Dec or early January). Its important to pay attention but not panic.
  • owensfolksowensfolks Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    This year (2nd go 'round; gap year) D is prioritizing applications in the order of: Schools that she wants an Oct-Dec audition, then prescreen schools, then the rest. I think that last year her goal was to have everything submitted by 10/1; but 10/15ish was how it worked out. She didn't get shut out of any first-choice audition dates.
    @owensfolks, that's what I was thinking, too. My daughter didn't get shut out on any audition dates. I know that she really wanted the BW November audition, so that was the first application she submitted. It seems getting the first couple out was the worst....then she got on a roll
  • artskidsartskids Registered User Posts: 903 Member
    I was really surprised how quickly the Fall BW audition slots went! Between the time D submitted her application, and the time she submitted the audition fee (the gap was hours, not days), the slots were gone and she went to a wait list. Crazy!
  • bfahopefulbfahopeful Registered User Posts: 919 Member
    @artskids was that for acting or MT at BW? (And WOW that they went so fast).
  • artskidsartskids Registered User Posts: 903 Member
    It was for MT. And I'm talking September 17!
    @artskids that's crazy! I know BW was the first application my daughter submitted last year and she got the November audition date she wanted, but I honestly don't remember how early she submitted it. I do remember feeling panicky because it seemed like the whole process was taking longer than we had hoped it to and it seemed like audition slots were filling fast. It was mid-late October before she got them all in, but she was able to got all of the audition slots she wanted scheduled.
  • FourStarsFourStars Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    Hello! Regarding Common App, Pre-Screens and getting the dates you want...If you want Fall Dates, then should you submit the Common App BEFORE you know your Pre-Screen results? If you don't PASS the Pre-Screen, then you don't want to pay to submit the Common App right? Or is this shooting yourself in the foot, if you want an Early Audition date? Hopefully some of you follow what I mean...
  • actorparent1actorparent1 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    All the schools my d applied to that require prescreens insist that you apply to the school itself BEFORE sending the prescreen video. They won't look at the prescreen unless there's also an application to the school. (I don't know if that's true of all schools - there may be some where you don't have to apply to the school first. But that's been our experience.)
  • stagedoormamastagedoormama Registered User Posts: 573 Member
    Most schools require you to apply to the school before submitting a pre-screen. There are a few exceptions, Otterbein comes to mind. But unfortunately, you will need to apply (and pay the application fee) before submitting pre-screens (and then paying for those too!)
  • MTmom2017MTmom2017 Registered User Posts: 315 Member
    I think Syracuse is one you don't have to apply to first, however, it was on the list, and D submitted without realizing... oh well. At this point, between application fees, sending ACT scores and schools that have audition fees... $$$ I'm pretty sure application fees are deductible!
  • FourStarsFourStars Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    So for Pace, BFA, the app is ready to go in, should I just do Early Action? Any downside to this? It says all decisions are due May 1st. On the other hand, I guess I can just do Rolling, and what would be the difference?