right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Final Acting Decisions Background - Class of 2024

2231Starcross32231Starcross3 18 replies1 threads Junior Member
edited April 21 in Theater/Drama Majors
Copying this from last year's class. Hopefully, a moderator can pin it to the top.

Below are the categories from prior years and a link to last year's thread:

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/theater-drama-majors/2126589-final-acting-decisions-background-class-of-2023-p1.html

Programs Applied to:

Prescreens:

Accepted to:

Rejected from:

Wait-listed at:

Coach:

Background/Training:

Summer Programs:

Final Decision:
edited April 21
72 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Final Acting Decisions Background - Class of 2024

• HAHCx4HAHCx4 137 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Congrats @dramamama3 ! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • dramamama3dramamama3 137 replies23 threads Junior Member
    @HAHCx4 thank you so much. I can not wait to hear the rest of the stories.
    · Reply · Share
  • anastasiasmomanastasiasmom 324 replies2 threads Member
    Congrats @dramamama3

So happy for you and your d!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • prarieprarie 80 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @BFAMom2024 I LOVE how your D stayed true to herself. My S was much the same way.... he insisted doing this his own way so that he would be wanted for who he is. I know one person at PACE and she is very much an individual, too
    · Reply · Share
  • BFAMom2024BFAMom2024 42 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Thank you @prarie I look forward to reading your story too as I know your S has some great choices!
    · Reply · Share
  • SoMuchDramaSoMuchDrama 40 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Thank you for sharing!!! Congratulations to your daughter. Really does seem like a great program and perfect fit for her!!
    · Reply · Share
  • ThespianMiteraThespianMitera 25 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Thanks, everyone, for sharing these stories full of helpful information! I don't want to start a CC battle, but I have to ask... is anyone else seriously considering a gap year, perhaps with some kind of additional actor training? Or at least assuming in-person classes will not resume in the fall? (Which is admittedly trickier for performing arts majors.) I'm hearing that chances are 50/50 classes will be online in the fall. As background, we're a veteran family who spent many years adapting to major changes in plans when my spouse was on active duty. We're not particularly excitable but try to respond to evolving circumstances.
    · Reply · Share
    Great story @prarie ! Congratulations to him on finding a great fit school. I love how different all of our stories are, but there are pieces of everyone's stories that I can relate to.
    · Reply · Share
    @ThespianMitera We are not personally considering delaying start, but I know I have read a lot of CC threads where people talk about that. I just looked and couldn't find the exact threads, but I know the MT boards are full of people discussing what to do in the current climate.

Maybe this link will help:
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/2177498-class-of-2024-no-bfa-mt-looking-at-plan-b-gap-year-p1.html

It was originally started for people who weren't getting the audition results they had hoped for, but I know I've read info on delaying due to COVID too.
    · Reply · Share
  • tsamuiquetsamuique 265 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Congrats @Prairie and @BFAMom2024 ! So great to hear your kids' stories, thank you for sharing!
    · Reply · Share
  • ThespianMiteraThespianMitera 25 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Thanks very much, @BFAMom2024!
    · Reply · Share
  • CaMom13CaMom13 2371 replies15 threads Senior Member
    edited April 22
    @BFAMom2024 - wonderful story! My D also did a monologue with curse words and for the same reason. She ended up exactly where she was meant to be - when you aren't orange pekoe, you don't expect to be everyone's "cup of tea". I am thrilled for you D with Pace - it's a fabulous program and my D (who is also in NY) has really adored being in the city for school. Really, it doesn't get a lot better than being a college student in NYC (and let's all burn incense and sage leaves and/or pray in the hopes they are all IN NYC this August).

@prarie - SO exciting! I know the kids at BW really love it - just a very happy, talented crew there. So glad your S found his peeps and his perfect fit.
    edited April 22
    · Reply · Share
  • tsamuiquetsamuique 265 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My son not only had an f-bomb but actually ended one of his monologues by flipping the bird, and got into the same school your D attends, @CaMom13 ! I guess they like spicy tea in the city! :joy:
    · Reply · Share