right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Point Park or Univ. of the Arts for actin BFA

ScoutsMumScoutsMum 4 replies4 threads New Member
Daughter was set to go to UArts. Then, Pt. Pk. takes her off wait list and admits. She is an acting major, BFA.
UArts is more expensive, that's the only con. It has a #27 Niche rating for Performing Arts schools, while Pt. Pk is #50.
Do either of these schools have cuts after freshman year? Do either of them favor or put more resources, etc. on MT than other performing arts?
Why is UA rating so much higher?
1 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Point Park or Univ. of the Arts for actin BFA

• CaMom13CaMom13 2375 replies15 threads Senior Member
    @scoutsmom - I wouldn't worry about one site rating vs another. Niche ratings rely on the reviews they get - you would need to read the reviews to find out what people like and didn't like about each school. I don't think either program has formal "cuts". Point Park has a stellar MT program but I don't think their acting program suffers for it. Both schools are great - if PP is substantially cheaper and your D will minimize her student debt by going there I would definitely think it's a great choice.
    · Reply · Share