right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

what schools on east coast offer theatre design, costume design, special effects, etc

janbeachjanbeach 8 replies15 threads New Member
edited January 2010 in Theater/Drama Majors
are there any colleges with good fine arts that also have programs relating to film and theatre courses?
edited January 2010
4 replies
Post edited by janbeach on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: what schools on east coast offer theatre design, costume design, special effects, etc

• ChedvaChedva 18947 replies11738 threads Senior Member
    Ithaca College in Ithaca NY is well known for it; UConn; Rhode Island School of Design does, I believe; Mass. College of Liberal Arts.
    · Reply · Share
  • AllisonWesAllisonWes 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Try looking at Carnegie Mellon (no film), Boston University (I have a costume designer friend there), NYU, Emerson (has film and costume), SUNY Purchase..that is to name a few. PM me if you want to hear more. I am a set design major so I can tell you some more in depth stuff if you want.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheatreboundTheatrebound 2 replies0 threads New Member
    As a Set Design Major what types of jobs are out there for you when you graduate? What are are the top employers for set design majors?
    · Reply · Share
  • theater momtheater mom 526 replies9 threads Member
    Take a look at Careers in Technical Theater by Mike Lawler. He has a website, too. This may answer a lot of your questions.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity