Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AADA & Circle in the Square

timdbtvtimdbtv Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited April 2011 in Theater/Drama Majors
Hello everyone! I am hoping to get information on both AADA and the Circle in the Square programs. I currently attend a state university as a college freshman, but I now wish to transfer to a conservatory program in the New York City area. My focus is on acting to become an actor. I know that previous sentence appears silly, but what I mean is that I have no intention to study MT or to do the other applications one could do with a degree in drama/theatre.

I auditioned for AADA (The NYC Campus) last month and I am accepted for the new class beginning this Fall. I have heard many good things about AADA, but I hope to find more reassurance about going to AADA from CC. My only reluctance for their program is that they do not offer a BA or BFA, yet the tuition cost is nearly equal to that of a larger drama program at a four year univeristy. I am afraid the money spent there may be better used by waiting another year to go by and applying to a university with a respected drama program that would be able to grant me a bachelor's degree.

I would also very much appreciate reliable information in regards to the Circle in the Square Theatre School. I have not been able to find much information about them on my own.

I also applied and auditioned for NYU (Tisch) for the upcoming Fall class, but i do not hear from them until May. I do not have high hopes for them though as I felt my audition and interview went particularly awful.

Would there be any other schools of interest to me in New York City? I know of the Neighborhood Playhouse and the Stella Adler Studio of Acting, but I do not think I would like to begin my core training there at this time. I also know of AMDA but I have no interest in going there, and the same goes for NYCFDA.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Post edited by timdbtv on

Replies to: AADA & Circle in the Square

• CompanyofplayersCompanyofplayers Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I am hoping to attend AADA myself and from what i have seen of it, it sounds like a really wonderful program. i know 3 people who have gone through it, and they have all loved it and had wonderful things to say about it. this is a place where you can really discover yourself as an actor and as a person, but i would also say that you have to be prepared to work really hard. i would go for it!!
  • soozievtsoozievt Registered User, ! Posts: 31,661 Senior Member
    ^^You are replying to a post that is two years old.

:)
This discussion has been closed.