Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Arts management as an undergraduate major

paperbagmonsterpaperbagmonster Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
edited April 2009 in Theater/Drama Majors
Slightly unrelated but don't know where else I can put this except for all the art subforums. I'm thinking of pursuing an arts management major however I don't know how useful it really is, as in, would it really help me land a job in one of the arts institutes or not? (Sorry to sound pragmatic and cynical here!) I'm actually a musician, but I love things arts related, including fine art and theatre and musicals, so I think I might really enjoy studying arts management, but I just want some opinions from you well-informed people here. Would also like suggestions of which colleges have good arts management courses (or related courses.) Thank you!

Edit: I'm also aware that it's usually provided as a Masters program. If so, what are related undergrad programs?
Post edited by paperbagmonster on

Replies to: Arts management as an undergraduate major

• GodIHopeIGetItGodIHopeIGetIt Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    I can think of two programs I know of: an arts administration degree at Butler University, and an Entertainment Business degree at Oklahoma City University. I know other programs as an undergrad do exists, but I don't know locations off the top of my head. I hope this helps somewhat!
This discussion has been closed.