Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SJSU admission help!

gattaca88gattaca88 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Transfer Students
I applied for San jose state university as a junior transfer. And I have 2 questions about the admission.

1. When will they start to release admission decisions?

2. Do I need to complete the golden four at the time I apply(before the application deadline), or as long as I indicate that I will finish them all by Spring?

Thanks
Post edited by gattaca88 on

Replies to: SJSU admission help!

• SMCguySMCguy Registered User Posts: 1,352 Senior Member
    1. They're on a rolling basis. I suggest you call admissions and ask when you need to submit transcripts.

2. Complete by Spring
  • annikasorrensenannikasorrensen Registered User Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    I know last year at SJSU a lot of transfer students were notified starting in mid-January...and this notification continued through at least to the end of February.

I also know for Chico, acceptances rolled in as late as the end of March!

The best I could piece together is that those with the higher GPAs and/or "local" status got notices quite early -- and as these students accepted or declined their offers, space opened up and new batches of people were notified of the next tier of students.

Again, this is info pieced together from a few different students, but it seems to make sense.
  • gattaca88gattaca88 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Thanks guys.

My original plan was for UCs only, that is why I did not take oral communication. But now I want to apply for CSU as well, just in case of not making it to UCs.

anyhow, Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.