Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me for top ivy transfers! (+any tips for LOR??)

jang920929jang920929 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited January 2011 in Transfer Students
Current School: WUSTL (freshman, Korean with a USA citizenship)
College GPA: 3.8 ish (1st semester)
HS GPA: 3.9/4.3W (graduated one of the most selective privates in my country, sending more than 30% to Ivies)
SAT I : CR 630, MATH 790, WR 740 (going to retake at January, aiming for higher than 700 in CR)
SAT II, AP : all 800 in Math/Physics/Chem, all 5 in Physics/Cal/Chem/Micro&Macro/CS A & AB
Awards/EC's: Award in USAMO, AMC, AIME, other international robotics competitions, etc (Pretty strong I think)

1. The problem is I have almost no relationship with my professors. I got an A+ in my Calculus III, and A in Physics, but i think the professors don't know me because the class in too big to know my name, and i only visited one or two times in my office hours. I have less than two months, and i heard that LOR is a HUGE factor for college transfer (is this right?). What should I do now to get a strong recommendation letters? I need tips... (and MIT requires 3 letters...sucks)

2. Does my scores make a good shot for Cornell & MIT? (my SAT CR scores sucks, and my HS gpa also, and i don't have any ECs in my college year. would this harm a lot?) Also, I wanna major statistics and finance, is there any other good schools for me?

I really appreciate any kind of information from u guys!!!
Thanks
Post edited by jang920929 on

Replies to: Chance me for top ivy transfers! (+any tips for LOR??)

This discussion has been closed.