Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Transferring to the Ohio State University from Miami University in Ohio?

iammokaiammoka Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited June 2011 in Transfer Students
During the college application process during my senior year I laid back and let my parents do the work-big mistake. They convinced me to attend Miami University and I went with it. It's not that Miami isn't a good school, but I quickly discovered it wasn't a fit for me. My grades were not as stellar as they could have been: I finished my freshman year with a 2.61. I had many struggles during the year-family problems and depression, which lead to my relatively poor performance.
I have decided that I can't go back to Miami again because I'm completely miserable there, and I'm thinking about transferring to Ohio State. The only problem I have is my GPA-will I still be able to get in? Since I want to transfer after my first year, will my high school grades be more important than my college one? If so, that's a good thing-I had a 3.5 GPA in high school. And can anyone advise me on the transferring process in general? I don't entirely know where to start.
Post edited by iammoka on

Replies to: Transferring to the Ohio State University from Miami University in Ohio?

• iammokaiammoka Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    anyone have any advice?
  • curious45curious45 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    If you have 30 or more semester hours, Ohio State does not look at high school/SAT information. The deadline for a transfer application for fall quarter was June 1. I would call admissions and see if they accepting late applications.
  • meShannonmeShannon User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 Junior Member
    ^^Echoing poster above. They may still be taking applicants on a space-available basis, but you're not likely to get much/any financial aid if you've missed the deadline (which you most likely have).

I'm starting at Miami in the fall as a transfer student---may I ask why you found yourself so miserable there? (I'm still super excited to go, but I'm just nosey, er, curious :) )
This discussion has been closed.