Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

what's better: stay at a school to get grades up or community college?

iammokaiammoka Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited June 2011 in Transfer Students
i want to transfer to another school but my GPA is less than stellar and i'm worried i might not get in. do you think it's better to stay at my school, which i don't like, to get my grades up or should i leave and go to a community college for a semester to make my application look better?
Post edited by iammoka on

Replies to: what's better: stay at a school to get grades up or community college?

• happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 28,095 Senior Member
    If you don't get into the places you apply to as a transfer, would you stay where you are now and finish your degree there? Or would you leave, take some time off, and reapply to a different list of schools? How badly do you dislike your current school?

What is your money situation? Do you have a giant scholarship that makes your current school as cheap as a community college?

Do you get along well enough with your famy to be able to live with them for a year or so while at the CC?

Why don't you pop over to the CC and talk about your options with their counselors? They should have good ideas for you.
  • Elizabeth92Elizabeth92 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I would stay at your current school, and then apply as a transfer once you've managed to get your GPA high enough. I don't see how transferring to a community college is going to help you? What school are you at right now? Is it a private school, public school, state, ect. And what type of school are looking to transfer to?
This discussion has been closed.