Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Am I a transfer student?

august23vnaugust23vn Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
edited June 2011 in Transfer Students
HI I'am an international student and I was wondering if I changed my major and kinda threw away the credits I earned at another college would I be considered a freshman applicant?

A simple Yes/No will do, thank you!
Post edited by august23vn on

Replies to: Am I a transfer student?

• RisingSun13RisingSun13 Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    I don't believe you can just through away credits. Even if the school was some obscure technical school they may still want to see your grades.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 27,808 Senior Member
    You need to read the websites of each of the colleges and universities that you are interested in. Some will consider you a transfer. Others might consider you a freshman applicant depending on how many credits you have earned so far. In both cases you will have to send officials copy of your records from all of the colleges and universities that you have studied at. They are permanent parts of your academic record.
  • entomomentomom Registered User Posts: 23,662 Senior Member
    A simple Yes/No will do, thank you!

Sorry, this is an internet discussion forum, you don't get to dictate how people answer.

Here's where they find where you've previously attended, yes Intl. colleges too:

National Student Clearinghouse: Degree verification & enrollment verification
  • august23vnaugust23vn Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    @entomom: Sorry i didn't mean it that way! I was simply saying that if you can't spare the time, a yes/ no will suffice.
    Thank you for your information.
This discussion has been closed.