Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer with a 3.5

kevpa1kevpa1 Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Transfer Students
I have a 3.5 from a communtiy college and am curious if I can transfer to any top schools like URochester NYU UMiami BU Fordham Emory and about a million others also 12 of my credits are from a tier one uni and I had As in those classes and an overall strong upward trend. Just looking for opinions Thanks.
Post edited by kevpa1 on

Replies to: Transfer with a 3.5

• kevpa1kevpa1 Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    Forgot to mention 4.0 in major related coursework :)
  • DJpsu2015DJpsu2015 Registered User Posts: 811 Member
    I think that's a very good gpa you have kept up for yourself. I think it ultimately comes down to your essays and the program(s) you want to apply for. I'd give it a shot for all.
    Thanks for that by the way at NYU I will be applying to gallatin.

Oh and bump :)
  • that1guyythat1guyy Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    GPA is fine, but "top" schools probably expect a cumulative gpa of 4.0, regardless if it's major related or not. Also, they want extra curricular activities and a well rounded student.
    I am involved in multiple ECs and hold leadership positions in a couple of them and I don't mean ivies when i say top schools just to clarify somewhere between us news top 25 and 50 with a couple of reaches tht are ranked a little better. I also have some really good recs and essays with what I think are pretty extrordinary circumstances.
    Can you chance me at Richmond also please?
  • SonybdSonybd Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    I'm not sure if finances are an issue, but you might want to consider that when applying. For example, I doubt NYU would ever meet the full need for a transfer with a low EFC, and probably won't get close. I doubt BU's package would be very great either.
    money is no issue
  • BruinsJEWBruinsJEW Registered User Posts: 1,058 Senior Member
    I think you are a competitive applicant at UMiami and BU. I'm not too sure about the others.
  • Rain202Rain202 Registered User Posts: 889 Member
    What's your SAT or ACT scores? What was your high school GPA?
This discussion has been closed.