Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I get an associates and transfer?

Fxybmx05Fxybmx05 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Transfer Students
I'm hoping to transfer into a program for Speech and Language Pathology within the next year. I am taking classes through a CC right now and then was transferring to Nevada State next year. My husband is getting out of the Navy here in about 3 weeks, and it looks like were going to be moving out of state for a job for him. So now, everything is about a change. What on earth should I do? Continue taking my general education and then try and transfer or just get an associates and then transfer to another college? At the end of the Fall semester, I will have about 40 credits. I'm just worried that the courses I am currently taking won't be transferable. Any advice would be great.
Post edited by Fxybmx05 on

Replies to: Should I get an associates and transfer?

• northbeachnorthbeach Registered User Posts: 864 Member
    if i were in your shoes i would just start checking on the programs in the state you will be moving to. i can't imagine that it will be that complex to find a program that suits you and find out which classes will transfer. if it becomes impossible to transfer because the state has absolutely nothing that will work for you, then you can consider living apart from your spouse part-time while you finish your studies. being married is not about one person moving all the time just to help the career of their spouse. it is about both husband and wife figuring out how they can both succeed and grow to build a strong family. it is just as important for you to earn your degree as it is for your spouse to do well in the navy.

moving around while you are in school is not ideal, it takes a lot of extra research and organization. but it can work out. contact the departments where you want to go. the military families get some special privileges, but i have no idea about admissions to good programs. that takes time and planning. most of my friends who are happily married have had to spend time apart during their marriages in order to complete their degrees, or fulfill work obligations. life in the modern world. good luck
This discussion has been closed.