Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I want to transfer. Have I obtained too many credits ?

overachiever91overachiever91 Registered User Posts: 475 Member
edited October 2012 in Transfer Students
Hey guys,
I am currently a junior 1st semester. I would like to transfer to another university starting in Spring 2013. The problem is that after this semester I will have obtained 79 credits and I have three more semesters to graduate. Is it possible to transfer to another university, complete the remaining three semesters there and graduate there ? I am asking because I only saw information about minimum number of credits, not maximum. Also, I know that some schools do require transfer students to stay there 4 semesters in order to graduate there.
What do you think ? What are my options ?

P.S.
I am applying to some regional schools such as WVU, Denver university, and San Diego State.
I am now a student at the American university in Paris.
Post edited by overachiever91 on

Replies to: I want to transfer. Have I obtained too many credits ?

• kinley14966kinley14966 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Some colleges wont accept you after sophomore year since they prefer that you do most of your major course work at their university.

You would have to talk to the admission/transfer for each schools to see how it would work out. It is also up to you if you wouldn't mind staying an extra semester possibly.
  • overachiever91overachiever91 Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    Yes. I think an extra semester wouldnt hurt me at all (besides financially).
    Later on, I am planning at some point to apply for masters (MBA) and schools will see that I spent an extra semester not because of poor academic record but because of the requirement to spend at least 4 semester in the new university.
    Any other opinions ?
  • overachiever91overachiever91 Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    I just saw that one of the schools I am planning on applying to accepts a maximum of 72 transfer credits, which is a good thing, I guess ? It means that If I start there with 72 credits I should have no trouble earning 48 more in 3 semesters (2 x 15 and one overload of 18)
This discussion has been closed.