Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Transfering Bio student

MarlinsMarlins Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2012 in Transfer Students
Hey guys I have a question. As of right now, I'm a community college student and my intentions are to transfer to a cal state as a biology major student by the end of the spring of 2013. Therefore I'm applying for transfer this year.

I understand that Cal states only accept a maximum of 70 units from the community college. Thing is, last week I met with a counselor from my community college and he told me that I should stay an extra year and apply for transfer next year so I can "save money" and take some classes that I need for my major at the community college (physics, some chem and bio classes).

By the end of the spring of 2013, I will have enough units to transfer next year. If I go the route he told me and wait until next year, I will have around 80 something units which is well above the 70 unit max mark. He explained to me that cal states are lenient on transfers who are biology, engineers, etc majors because of their rigorous workload and let them bring in up to around 80 units. Is this true?

Also which cal states are the top choices for biological science (going to physical therapy program afterwards) students? Want to stay in the area (SoCal).

Post edited by Marlins on

Replies to: Transfering Bio student

This discussion has been closed.