Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

USC Transfer 2014 Appeal

Replies to: USC Transfer 2014 Appeal

• erickmoraleserickmorales Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I just sent in my appeal. Good luck to everyone! :-)
  • estara89estara89 Registered User Posts: 225 Junior Member
    should we include anything specific in our appeal?
  • ilovestemcellsilovestemcells Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    edited June 2014
    for those of you that sent your appeal in already, did you write an appeal letter and a cover letter as well?
  • erickmoraleserickmorales Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @ilovestemcells‌ yes, that is exactly what i gave. I'm still waiting for my counselor to respond. Hope he does soon or I think I will call.
    @erickmorales thanks! I wrote my letter I'm just attempting a cover letter now lol. I hope you do hear from him soon, but if not I don't think its out of the question to bug him a little ;)
  • Jazz49Jazz49 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    I got my rejection letter May 31st and am planning to summit my appeal letter this Sunday, do you guys think this is too late? Also, how long are your appeal letters?
  • MarshallBoundMarshallBound Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    edited June 2014
    @Jazz49‌ I would keep it within a 1 to 2 weeks time frame from when you got rejected. I wouldn't wait any longer than that because they might forget you :( or spaces could fill up. I'm still working on my appeal letter, but I think it's going to be 2 pages max.
    I sent my appeal in to my counselor and this is the automatic message I got back "Thank you for your message. I will be away from the office on university business from Friday June 6th until Wednesday June 11th. I will have limited access to email and voicemail. For immediate asssitance please call 213-740-1111."

Nooooooo!! I knew I should have sent it before!!
    @ilovestemcells‌ Hold your horses there, just wait until the 12th to send it then or just call admissions tomorrow. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even finished my essay (most likely Monday or Tuesday). We only have one shot left so I'm not trying to rush things.
    Thanks @MarshallBound‌. I actually called the admissions office on Friday and the lady recommended the appeal be one page long. She also said that there is no "official" appeal process for transfers, so there is no specific date transfers will hear back once they submit their appeals. Though she did recommend emailing your counselor if you haven't heard anything after a few weeks of submitting your appeal.
    @Jazz49‌ Oh boy. I don't know how i am going to shorten my two page appeal essay now. Looks like shrinking the font size it is :D.
    Thanks for that info.
    No prob @Marshallbound, though I am sure if yours is a bit longer it wont be a deal breaker, it really all comes down to the content. Also, for anyone who is reading this thread, the women I spoke to in the admissions office recommended there be no letters of recommendation or any other supplementary material with your appeal, just the appeal letter.
    @MarshallBound I already sent it and that's the message I got back lol. I guess I will just wait and see what happens

@Jazz49 thanks for the new info. Anything is helpful!
    edited June 2014
    my counselor got back to me and said I will find out as soon as possible by the end of summer. "As soon as possible" and "end of summer" is a large gap :/ But I can wait if its another chance to still get accepted
    @ilovestemcells‌ It's good that you got a response! Though if you are accepted to fall quarter and they don't notify you until the end of summer that does not leave you much time. I wonder if most applicants who appeal get admitted for spring?
This discussion has been closed.