Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help? I'm in a really bad situation.

ccasdf1234ccasdf1234 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hello everyone,
I am currently a sophomore at the University of Rochester. Long story short, they offered me a really good financial aid package when I was accepted as a freshman, then gave me a really **** one this year. Yes I did appeal but it didn't really work. I ended up having to pay more than three times as much as last year, plus having to take out more student loans, and I don't see this getting better at all because now my parents have a better job and higher income (probably will be around $150,000 for a family of 5 now). I really love the school, but I'll have to transfer. State school isn't an option for me - I've talked to the admissions department of University of Washington, and they've told me that they don't offer scholarships or any sort of aid to transfer students, and I would be looking at $30,000 a year, which is around the amount I had to pay this year. Does anyone know of any schools that have good financial aid and offer scholarships to transfer students? I'm looking at Cornell but it'd be a long shot, especially because I am an engineering major with GPA of 3.5. And I'm not even sure even Cornell would give me a decent financial aid package if my parents start making 6 figure income.
thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.