Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UVA Transfer Chances?

graceshailenegraceshailene Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Hi,

I am a college sophomore currently enrolled in a 4 year in-state school. I am planning to transfer to UVA for the fall 2016 semester as a Junior. I was hoping to get feedback on my transfer chances. I currently have 61 credits. Here are my stats currently:
GPA: 3.73 UW
Extracurricular activities: Newspaper club, art and scope club, philosophy club, psychology club, SPAR (animal right's club), SHIFT (human rights club) and LEAD (Leadership Education and Development)
Need to complete:
Letter of recommendation
Essays/writing supplements
Common App

Do I have a fair chance, or is it a reach? For anyone who successfully transferred to UVA, if you don't mind sharing, what was your gpa? What do admissions employees at UVA look at primarily when deciding which students appear to be good transfer candidates?

Thank you!

Replies to: UVA Transfer Chances?

• xraymancsxraymancs Forum Champion Graduate School Posts: 4,526 Forum Champion
    GPA: 3.73 UW

Er, I don't think that universities offer "weighted" GPAs...

Anyway, your GPA is good and should not negatively impact your chances. You don't say what your major is but that may make a difference. In a transfer application, it is important to clearly motivate why you want to transfer. What makes UVA the right place for you to be academically compared to your current university.
This discussion has been closed.