Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

UNC-CH student looking to transfer - opinions on my chances?

meegeemeegee Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited December 2015 in Transfer Students
Hi, I'm a freshman at UNC Chapel Hill and I'm looking to transfer to some other schools. Please let me know if you think any of these are feasible considering my stats. I am most worried about my current GPA affected decisions because I got a C+ in chem lab and a B in chem, which brought it down significantly. Also, would these schools take into account the rigor of courses at UNC?

High school GPA: 4.0 (unweighted)
College GPA: 3.4 (after first semester)
Major: Biology, pre-med
SAT: 1890
ACT: 31
High school: top of class, 2 varsity sports, numerous leadership positions and clubs, active in community service
College extracurriculars: member of MD club and Tropical Clinics, founding member of Alpha Phi fraternity at UNC, on philanthropy committee for Alpha Phi, hoping to get a job next semester or some volunteer hours in.
Applying to:
Brown - got accepted as a senior but turned it down for UNC
Vanderbilt - was wait listed as a senior, did not accept wait list position
Barnard College
Fordham University
College of William and Mary
Davidson College

I know this is a varied range of difficulty, in terms of Brown compared to Fordham or W&M, but again I'm worried that my GPA might hurt my chances. I would ideally like to get accepted to Brown again but I am aware the chances are extremely slim, I'm only applying because I hope that my previous acceptance will help me. I didn't attend Brown because I heard back from the financial aid office so late about my package offer and I had to make a decision for some other scholarships, so choosing UNC was just easier at the time. If you can help me out in any way, please reply!
This discussion has been closed.