Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Which Transfer Major Should I Choose?

UltraStudentUltraStudent Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm currently an undergraduate student at a community college looking to transfer within the next year and I'm interested in two majors but not sure which I should transfer under. I'm stuck between Marketing (Business major) and Advertising (Journalism major). The impacted transfer GPA for Marketing is 2.90 whereas for Advertising it's 3.00. I have a 3.2 GPA at the moment. Would I have a better chance of being admitted under Marketing or Advertising? Also if I did Marketing I would have to take a lot more classes while for Advertising my time in community would be more relaxed. One more thing is I want to know if either of these two majors would yield good job opportunities given I find an internship and gain experience. After transferring I want to double major in the major I don't choose - unless someone thinks that's not a good idea. Please help me out, I appreciate your time.