Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer from Nyu?

winter21winter21 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
I want to transfer at the end of the year out of Nyu. I don't like being in a school that has no community and I'm now realizing that I want a more traditional college experience. Right now my major is undecided on a premed track. Where are some schools that are a similar academic rigor or higher that would still be in or near a city but still have that sense of community/sports/etc.??

Replies to: Transfer from Nyu?

• RoaringMiceRoaringMice Registered User Posts: 464 Member
    BC, Tufts, and Fordham (the Rose Hill campus) come to mind right away. Maybe also Northeastern and BU, although you'd want to look at the campus and see if it suits you.
  • winter21winter21 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    I did like Tufts when I visited! How difficult is it to get into some of these schools as a transfer?
  • genedorbustgenedorbust Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    Very doable with high grades (3.85+ for junior transfer and about 3.9+ for sophomore transfer) as well as mature personal statements and credible recommendations. With a decent test score as well (1400+ for SAT or 30+ for ACT) you have exdtremely high chacnes at BU/Northeastern and then decent chances at BC with Tufts being a high reach. Emphasize specifically why each of those schools would fit you perfectly.
  • winter21winter21 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
  • PublisherPublisher Registered User Posts: 4,322 Senior Member
    Vanderbilt University.
  • sdteaksdteak Registered User Posts: 166 Junior Member
    University of Miami.
  • PurpleTitanPurpleTitan Registered User Posts: 11,750 Senior Member
  • thestandardthestandard Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    What is your GPA? That will dictate a lot of this process
  • bluebayoubluebayou Registered User Posts: 25,386 Senior Member
    Why did you choose NYU to begin with? What were your deciosn points then, and how have they changed?

You are a first year? If so, give it time.

On another thread, just a few months ago, you were considering Business major. Now premed? Again, give it time.

Do you need merit money? (Transfers generally don't get much, if any.)