right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Self-Reported & Verified Reports Discrepancy

co2018occo2018oc 1 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
Earlier today, I received an email from a college I committed to for transfer that there was a discrepancy between self-reported and verified reports.

They said that they didn't receive my most recent score from CollegeBoard and those discrepancies can be a basis for rescinding acceptance. I will provide context for this situation:

I took an SAT test in June 2018, which yielded the highest SAT score from three total tests. I submitted/self-reported that score, and was subsequently accepted. I totally thought I had sent those scores right away to the college the moment I was admitted, and these scores were truthful. I sent out the scores via CollegeBoard earlier today, and that's not really a big problem.

However, here's what I am worried about. I may have accidentally indicated that my highest SAT score was taken on the same day as my highest SAT essay. What this means is that I may have put in an essay score which I took in March 2017 to a score I got in June 2018. The scores were absolutely correct. When I saw that the essay score was grouped in with the June 2018 score – the highest score — in the applicant portal, I just thought the college had automatically super-scored the different scores and didn’t think much of it until I saw the email.

While I wished I checked everything while I applied, I was in a very stressful point in my life, and I may not have been able to catch this mistake, had they occurred.

The college does not require an SAT essay and super-scores SAT scores anyway, and regarding this issue, I sent out an email as well as called the person who sent out the email, who said that she would look over the situation and that the college was just focused on getting the June 2018 score. It seemed like it likely wasn't a problem since the date-incorrect scores were what super-scored results would look like anyway and the scores were in fact correct. However, I am still very worried that it could be a basis for rescinding the acceptance. I may just be paranoid — has anybody experienced this and should I be worried?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Self-Reported & Verified Reports Discrepancy

• MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 38386 replies2103 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    It sounds like it's not a problem. I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing else we can tell you.
    · Reply · Share