right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Asking suggestions on colleges

WinThantWinThant 0 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
edited September 15 in Transfer Students
Hi guyss

I am now a sophomore biological science international student at Montgomery College (CC) and currently looking for a college to transfer. I am also thinking of going to med school after my undergrad, so do you guys have any suggestions on which colleges are good for research, premed, internships, scholarships, etc. according to my stats?

After my first year,

GPA: 4.0
Leadership: Vice-president at Montgomery college chapter of Phi Theta Kappa National Honors Society
Research: doing lab research on cells with my professor
Honors: will have received 15 honors credits(hopefully) after graduation
Member of Renaissance Scholars Honors Program

Also I will be shadowing a doctor and volunteering at a hospital before coming spring semester.
Thank you.

edited September 15
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Asking suggestions on colleges

• happymomof1happymomof1 29664 replies175 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @WinThant

You can finish up the pre-med coursework just about anywhere, so don't worry about that. What will be more problematic are any budget restrictions and your international status. So find out about the money issues from your parents.

Med school admission is particularly difficult for international students because most state medical schools don't admit international students at all. Some of the private ones that do admit international students will require the full four years of tuition up front.

Have you met with the Transfer Advisor at your campus yet? The ones I have met at MC have been terrific. They have lots of good ideas and have experience getting all kinds of students into the best transfer institutions. They will know where students like you have been admitted and ir they got scholarships. Which campus are you at? There should be a Transfer Fair there in the next few weeks, so be sure to attend. If the hours don't work for you, go to one at another of the campuses. Also, speak with the advisors for Renaissance Scholars they will have ideas for you.

Congratulations on PTK and Renaissance Scholars! Happykid (MC 2012) was PTK. She was invited to Renaissance Scholars, but didn't join because of scheduling conflicts.

Wishing you all the best!
    · Reply · Share