right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Transfer student questions

99suhjw99suhjw 19 replies8 threads Junior Member
Hey collegeconfidential !

I had a few questions about how undergradute schools evaluate their transfer applicants.

by the time i would transfer i would have around 60-70 semester units (junior transfer)

as of now im at 40 taking my first quarter of my sophomore year.

I had a few questions regarding how schools think of applicants who went to several community colleges/four-year universities.

My reason for this several transfers were because of my family, religion, and career.

(by the time i would transfer i would have went to one CC in michigan, two heavily religious schools (seventh day adventist) and one CC in california.)

While my gpa is rather low at 3.5-3.6, my ACT score is in the upper quartile at 33 (34 superscore) .

How would the transfer admission officers view my application regarding my switch of schools, and my "academic stats"?

5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer student questions

• GumbymomGumbymom 28514 replies190 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    What are your target transfer schools?

The more units you have at transfer, the less impact your HS grades/test scores will have on your transfer decision.

It should not matter how many schools you attended, especially if you have valid reasons for moving schools, but you may loose some units depending upon if all are transferable to your target schools.

Your GPA is not low but again this depends upon your target schools and major.
    · Reply · Share
  • 99suhjw99suhjw 19 replies8 threads Junior Member
    my transfer target schools will be ucsb, ucsd, ucla, ucb, Umich, and UW.

i will be enrolled at a Californian community college in the upcoming spring semester
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom 28514 replies190 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    Major?
    · Reply · Share
  • 99suhjw99suhjw 19 replies8 threads Junior Member
    economics (LSA econ for umich not Ross)
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 29813 replies177 threads Senior Member
    The transfer advisor at your CA CC can help you with all of your CA system transfer questions. Depending on where their students go, they might also be able to answer your questions about out-of-CA institutions. So start with the transfer advisor. They really are the experts.
    · Reply · Share