right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Transfer Chance Me (NYU, Fordham, BU, University of Michigan, Berkley)

LiliVossLiliVoss 30 replies7 threads Junior Member
edited December 2019 in Transfer Students
Hi Everyone!

I'm a college sophomore at a competitive private school who is interested in transferring, please chance me for the following competitive schools: NYU, Fordham, BU, University of Michigan, UC Berkley. (I know people hate doing these but I found doing "chance me" forums in HS really helped me when first applying to colleges.

Major: Political Science
Minor: Gender Studies
(I understand that some of these schools are very competitive for political science so would it increase my chances of being accepted if I applied as a Gender Studies major and then switched my major after being admitted?)
College GPA: 4.0
Colleges Honors: Dean's List (3x)
Work Experience: Logistics Intern at an LGBTQ Non-profit (responsibilities included planning my city's pride parade), Program Assistant for a class discussing power and privilege in the medical field, and a tutor for elementary school kids
College EC's: member of a charitable organization for girl's education around the world, assistant prose editor for my school's literary magazine, VP of Events and Logistics for school's fashion society, on the Recruitment and PR committees for my frat- Phi Sigma Pi (National Honor Frat)
Achievements/Awards:
Admitted to the highly competitive Novel Writing Institute at Interlochen Arts Academy, won three Scholastic Art and Writing awards, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) regional award, and an award from the Bar Association

HS GPA: 3.3 (this was mostly because I did not start putting effort into my grades until Junior year)
(Will not be including my SATs because I will not be submitting them)
HS EC's: Co-captain of Debate, Vice-President of Model UN, FBLA, and a HS English tutor
Volunteer: Tutored children at my former elementary school and volunteered at a local food pantry on the weekends

(I know that I'm not super involved. When I first came to college I only got involved in activities that I was interested in because at the time I was more focused on my GPA for law school and I didn't foresee a future where I would want to transfer)
edited December 2019
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer Chance Me (NYU, Fordham, BU, University of Michigan, Berkley)