right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Will dropping the honors program affect my transfer prospects?

MindhandMindhand 8 replies8 threads Junior Member
I am currently a first year international student trying to transfer colleges for fall 2020. I ended up going to a safety school because it was the most affordable but I am really unhappy now. I ended up getting in to the honors program and decided to pursue it because i was attending a low tier college and now i really don't want to take anymore boring classes for it. Should I suck it up for one semester because it will look good on my transfer app or would the colleges not care?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will dropping the honors program affect my transfer prospects?

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 7457 replies76 threads Senior Member
    More than "it will look good" on your app, dropping it could look really bad on your app. The more selective the school the more they want to see students who push themselves to excel in whatever they do.

As an international student who needs a lot of financial aid, transferring is going to be hard enough.
    · Reply · Share
  • MindhandMindhand 8 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Thank you for answering.
    · Reply · Share
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 6162 replies1 threads Senior Member
    "As an international student who needs a lot of financial aid, transferring is going to be hard enough."

I agree with this.

I think that we could give more accurate advice if we knew more about your high school stats, your grades so far in college, your budget, and where you were hoping to transfer to.
    · Reply · Share