right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Registering for Classes Before Making a Transfer Decision

yeayea8yeayea8 7 replies1 threads New Member
edited June 2 in Transfer Students
I am currently a student who finished my freshman year at a big ten university and I enrolled a deposit to another school as a transfer. However, due to the COVID-19 situation, I am unsure if I want to transfer or not. I submitted my enrollment deposit because the deadline was up and I wanted to see how both schools would plan their fall semester. How long would I have to make a decision? Am I allowed to register for classes at both schools and withdraw from the one I decide not to attend before classes start?
edited June 2
2 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Registering for Classes Before Making a Transfer Decision

  • happymomof1happymomof1 30735 replies197 threads Senior Member
    The sooner you can make your decision, the better. But I don't see why you couldn't go ahead and line up your classes at both places. Just make dead certain to tell the one that you won't be attending in the fall that you aren't coming so that you don't get billed for everything.

    Expect your classes to be online this fall. If they end up not being online, celebrate that as a bonus. Whether they are telling their students or not, every single college and university in the country is drawing up at least three different contingency plans: no one on campus; only classes that absolutely require hands-on work like labs on campus; most classes on campus. Likewise, every place is drawing up contingency plans for dealing with faculty, staff, and students who have high risk health situations or who test positive for the virus.

    Right now you know how your current institution has been handling the crisis. You can find out how the transfer-to institution has been handling things by contacting current students - ask the admissions team to help you find some. You also know your original reasons for applying for transfer. Those may still make the deal for you.

    Wishing you all the best!
    · Reply · Share
  • yeayea8yeayea8 7 replies1 threads New Member
    Thank you so much for your help! At the moment, both my colleges are "expected to open in a hybrid format". Before the coronavirus pandemic, I was 100% committed to transferring but now I'm not sure if I want to go to a new campus where I don't know anyone and campus activity is limited. Also, due to the coronavirus concerns, I am considering an online semester as my best option so I'm waiting to see if either of the schools will switch back to online. I guess registering for classes at both schools at the moment and waiting to see which school I'll drop is my option. Thank you and I hope you are doing well!
    · Reply · Share
Sign In or Register to comment.

Recent Activity