right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

A few questions (ACT/SAT retake, waiting until Jr year, college list)

transferxtransferx 30 replies6 threads Junior Member
edited September 19 in Transfer Students
hi all, i'm a 2nd-semester freshman community college student looking to transfer schools next year or my junior year.

small backstory:

i dropped out of high school twice due to medical and personal problems (all better now), thus my high school GPA was absolutely awful. I ended up graduating a few months late as a 2019 graduate and am doing much better in college now as a physics/ general science major with a 3.2 GPA. I got one C in the summer semester and it tanked my GPA from 3.7 to 3.2.

Should i retake my 25 ACT? I definitley think I could get a 28+ or a 1300+ on the SAT? I feel like if I did well it would compensate for my rough high school record.

I plan on applying to: Oberlin, Bard, Wesleyan & Reed (both extreme reaches), UPS, and Rutgers (my school has a transfer agreement, but i would rather not attend as the school is very large to me).

Should I apply for schools this spring with a 3.5ish gpa or should I wait to transfer as a junior? are these schools within reach? If not, recommendations are welcome! I am looking for a more of an intellectual/quirky liberal arts/ small college that is somewhat small (less than 5000) in size, inclusive to LGBT students, and are politically liberal. I have ASD and am part of the LGBT community and would probably not do well at a large university.

Thank you! :)
edited September 19
2 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: A few questions (ACT/SAT retake, waiting until Jr year, college list)

• Erin's DadErin's Dad 34242 replies5122 threads Super Moderator
    I doubt colleges accept SAT/ACTs taken in college. Those tests are designed for HS students.
    · Reply · Share
  • transferxtransferx 30 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Erin's Dad wrote: »
    I doubt colleges accept SAT/ACTs taken in college. Those tests are designed for HS students.

i just turned 19 and am going into my sophomore year next semester so i don't think i'm 'too old' to take them as i've seen other people here retake their SATs/ACTs before transferring schools.
    · Reply · Share